Umbro SX Boot Black Red SG
New without box - slight peeling on the sock liner (see last pic)
- The Umbro SX boot was a combination of two Umbro SX boots in two different colorways
- The right boot is in a red colorway that uses a slightly different design than the left, black boot
- The upper features a premium Teijin microfiber material, similar to the Mercurial Vapor material from the time, but is even softer and has a more cushioned feel
- The upper also features a very thing plastic element in the instep with dozens of curved lines, creating the "touch control" element on the boots
The Sole Plate:
- Continuing with the lightweight design, Umbro used a wishbone sole plate frame with a titanium element
- Underneath this, a carbon fiber material was used for added structure and support while being ultra lightweight
Notes and Comments:
- The SX boot had a very similar upper feel with the cushioned strikezone, but was as lightweight as a Mercurial from this time. The best of both worlds.
- The upper has a very spongy and close to leather like feel, along with such a unique design
- The boots are extremely lightweight and have to be one of the most underrated boots of all time.