Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly I Yellow SG
New without box - customization on the sides "Johnson" boots were issued to Eddie Johnson on the USAMNT.
*It is possible to attempt to remove the embroidery, either by a local shoe cobbler, or on your own.
- The very first Superfly in the iconic Superfly series, using a teijin synthetic material as well as the newly introduced Flywire material
- The Flywire was Nike's lightest and most durable material used at the time, using a wire like design running along the sides of the boots for added reinforcement in a lethal design
- This was one of the 6 released Superfly colorways, using the iconic all yellow upper with black accents
The Sole Plate:
- A major factor in the superfly series was changing the sole plate to a full one piece carbon fiber design
- The carbon fiber was much lighter than anything on the market at the time
- This is the SG variant, using 6 screw in SG Aluminum studs
Notes and Comments:
- One of the most iconic Mercurial boots ever made, the start of a brand new lightweight era
- Such a simple yet effective colorway that everyone seems to remember, if you didn't have them back then, you definitely want them today